Live video exposure! Fire broke out in a hotel in Poipet, 3 people escaped by jumping off the building


[INNEWS Comprehensive Report] On August 3, a fire broke out in a hotel in Poipet City, Banteay Meanchey Province, Cambodia. According to a Reuters video, thick smoke billowed from the burning room, and several people upstairs jumped from the window with bare hands to escape.

It is reported that the hotel has a total of 10 floors, and the fire broke out in a room on the 8th floor. In the fire, three Indonesians were injured by jumping off the building, one of them was seriously injured. In addition, some furniture in the room was damaged.

It is understood that after the fire broke out, banteay Meanchey Vice-Province Om Chantha and Poipet City Police Inspector Sao Saroeun personally led the police team to the scene to participate in the firefighting. Two fire trucks were used to successfully extinguish the fire.

Afterwards, the police announced the cause of the fire accident—the Indonesians living inside put their charging mobile phones on the mattress, and the failure of the mobile phone charger caused a short circuit in the wires, which caused a fire.